Anyone with good knowledge of dual flush toilets?

I have a Villeroy & Boch cistern which is now leaking water into the bowl. It?s got a flush button split into 2 (for regular & low flush). The cistern?s lid will not lift, it feels like it?s held together by the button mechanism which will not unscrew. Are these cisterns supposed to be ?opened? in the normal way (ie lifting the lid) or not? Any help gratefully received.

Reply to
Marina Paul

I have a Sottini dual flush loo. To remove the cistern lid you need to remove both of the buttons. Push one down and then lift the other out, then remove the remaining one. This reveals a plastic screw that can be undone to release the rest of the mechanism and remove the lid.

Might help?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I think you _may_ find that the bezel around the buttons unscrews to release the lid.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

thanks for your replies, Mark & Ed. in the end I removed the buttons - easy peasy! thanks again

Reply to
Marina