dishwasher will power on but won't run programs - any ideas?

Hi There,

I've got a Zanussi DE 4744 slimline dishwasher (about 4 years old) and it has been running fine up until a week or so ago. Basically turning on the power button will cause the power indicator to light up, but pressing the program buttons does nothing - they don't even light up. There was standing water in the bottom of the dishwasher coming up above the filter.

So, based on that I assumed the problem was a blockage in the hose, which I've checked tonight & it's totally clear.

I'm guessing that the problem's the pump, but to be hones I've got no idea and wondered if anyone out there has seen a similar problem and may be able to offer some advice?

thanks in advance, Brian

Reply to
daddyb_1

I had a similar problem with my unbranded dishwasher. Seemed to be a logic failure caused by a power cut. Reset the logic by pushing the power button and other buttons together. Also switch off then push one of the program buttons immediately. worth a try Davy

Reply to
Davy