Zanussi Dishwasher won't run

Hi all,
This is not a good week for problems with the new house.
My latest issue is my Zanussi dishwasher (DE6744S) gave up the ghost this morning. The power light comes on but no other light and pressing any button does nothing. The manual talks about the lights flashing when there is a problem but nothing about no lights at all.
I have searched through the group for similar problems and it seems like someone else had a similar problem a little while ago but no posts on what the issue or solution was. I have called the service centre who want 70 to come and have a look plus parts. If it is something major like the circuit board then I might as well ditch the dishwasher and buy a new one. I would like to rule out the obvious first if I could....
Any help greatfully appreciated.
thanks
Lee.
Hi all,
This is not a good week for problems with the new house.
My latest issue is my Zanussi dishwasher (DE6744S) gave up the ghost this morning. The power light comes on but no other light and pressing any button does nothing. The manual talks about the lights flashing when there is a problem but nothing about no lights at all.
I have searched through the group for similar problems and it seems like someone else had a similar problem a little while ago but no posts on what the issue or solution was. I have called the service centre who want 70 to come and have a look plus parts. If it is something major like the circuit board then I might as well ditch the dishwasher and buy a new one. I would like to rule out the obvious first if I could....
Any help greatfully appreciated.
Not under warranty then ?

Alas not - it is about 5 years old.....

Alas not - it is about 5 years old.....
Try http://www.interspares.co.uk/index.php?cPath "14_119&sort*&osCsidk1693d252b17d599a3011b719c990f8
if you have an inkling what may be at fault