fitting an outside light - problem getting the power cable to light, any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the kitchen at the momment and thought that I'd install some outside lighting before the plaster goes on the brick work,

I bought a PIR low light pollution halogen, I've run cable under floor to it ready to drill hole through wall

heres the problem The light has a wall fixing that expects the cable to go staight through wall into light, I can't there is a waste pipe in way. I need to go through wall drop down outside of wall 500mm then into light

My only plan of action is to come out of wall, run cable through 20mm conduit up to light, then make a small channel in to take cable into wall fixing.

Any one got a better idea or tried and tested solution

tia Kam

Reply to
Kam_UK

And you're sure the light fitting doesn't have any knock rings other than directly on the back? If it is this type of fitting, then it is most likely to be fitted onto a conduit box, or all weather box, sized fitting. Trying the take the cable directly into the back of the light, then have to find screw fixing points after the cable is connected, I think, is going to be a difficult thing to do.

Reply to
BigWallop