fishing cable from new outside porch light to inside porch

I have a small outside porch which has an existing wall switch and internal light. The porch roof is a slanted and covered with concrete tiles. I would like to fit an outside light on the wall outside. I want to use the existing light pennants power.

How can I feed a cable from the new outside light to the ceiling light pennant without spending all day trying to catch the cable through the light pennant hole?

Reply to
Nobbyone

No-one can say without more detail.

Reply to
harryagain

new light on outside wall, th cable needs to reach from new light to above ceiling in small porch. I would like to feed the cable from the new light to the existing internal ceiling light.

Reply to
Nobbyone

Need some piccies...

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Nobbyone writes

Is the route direct? Can you see the wall site from the ceiling light position? Could you feed a straightened wire coat hanger from the wall light to the ceiling light, or vice versa? Failing a coat hanger, a length of that stretchy stuff for hanging net curtains? Assuming one or t'other is possible, feed it through, attach a length of string then pull the string through, then pull the cable through with the string.

Reply to
News

Is the new light above or below the height of the internal ceiling?

and how is a small flag going to power a light?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL