Re: Has anybody fitted this B&Q Loft ladder for £137? Is it ok?

I need to fit a loft ladder this weekend cos' I'm getting the

>ceiling(and other walls) plastered next week and I want to have the >ladder fitted beforehand. >I've seen this one from B&Q which seems ok, just wondered if anybody >had fitted it and what they thought of it and was it easy to fit? >
>I'll only use the loft for storage purposes so it'll only get used 1 >or 2 times a month. >(PS. I'm not trying to advertise B&Q, it's just that I don't have time >to order online from screwfix or anybody else)

I would not touch a wooden loft ladder with a pole because of warping in the roof from summer to winter. Condensation and extreme heat differences may make it useless. Can't you find an aluminium one?

My aluminium one has been in for years and is as good as new.

Reply to
EricP