drill angle adapter

I don't have a right-angle adapter (and my flexible drive is just for light duty jobs) so when I need to drill holes in joists, I use a stubby Wood Beaver in my impact driver (much shorter than my drill/driver) it is very noisy, but damned fast ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

If it's the one that I'm using at the time... The 12V Mak would do it but is longer; as I said, the 10.8V is OK as well.

Here you go:

PeterC

Spontaneous reproduction - the Aldi one didn't exist until you got the TS one.

Reply to
PeterC

Have you considered putting a chuck on a 100 mm angle grinder I did and it works, you can buy a cheap chuck with the same thread (internal)as the grinder on ebay

Reply to
F Murtz

How fast does that spin?

You've never need reverse?

Reply to
GB

Too fast but depends on what you are drilling (I don't think I would use hole saws :) )you can get variable speed angle grinders, has worked for me

Very rarely, When do you use reverse?

Reply to
F Murtz

Maybe he wants a tool that will do every known job in the universe.

I did a job once where I had to fall back on a very old drill, and using an auger it required reverse. With a glove on it's not hard to rotate it a turn or so by hand.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I don't think the right angle drive adapters work well, and proper right angle drills are very expensive. So, this seems quite a neat bodge, as the chucks are just over a fiver on ebay.

Please forgive me for thinking of a couple of possible drawbacks and asking Mr Murtz about those before buying.

Reply to
GB

Which is why I've hung on to that Wicks cordless drill. You remove the chuck (one hand fixing), fit the adaptor which locks to the drill body in a variety of positions, and fit the chuck to it. So the combination can be used one handed if needed. It is a bit more unwieldy than a pukka right angle drill, but generally does what I want it for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)