Dremel mini-drill press - follow-up

You remember my thread about the general 'wobblyness' of the Dremel mini-drill-press ?

I contacted Dremel Customer Support - and the sent me this fairly unbelieveable reply

The point of the drill-press is that it has built-in 'idents' that should allow you to easily rotate the drill to various positions and then lock it...

..but their suggestion (if I am interpreting the rather strange 'English' correctly) is to 'whack it a bit before you tighten it up'.

Precision engineering ? Don't think so. Have ordered one of the dedicated mini-drill units - will report back! Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Presumably you meant 'detents'...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes - those too! Whatever you call 'em - they're not in the right place, as I've just pointed out to Dremel.

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall