Double glazed doorbell

Well a bell suitable for fitting to a new DG porch we are due to have fitted. Not keen on drilling the upvc frame and trying to run wires though it (can that even be done?) - but all the radio-doorbells I see so far are very cheap construction and have naff tunes.

We're just after a traditional chime sound - with no options. Our existing naff radio-bell reverts to the 1st tune and have to cycle through all 10 rubbish noises to get to one we can stand. So any advice as to what/where to get a decent chime bell for use on dg appreciated. thanks

Reply to
dave

What would be nice is a cordless push button with mains receiver which just switches low volt DC - to allow you to use your own doorbell. Someone probably makes one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 25 Mar 2012, you wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Quite common I think. My daughter has one that is built into a 13amp through adaptor so it doesn't lose her a socket. Try Argos.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That's just a remote controlled switched outlet. Not sure the remote would be up to being fixed outdoors, and if is like the one I have is rather larger than a doorbell push. I was thinking of a unit rather like an old bell transformer, but with a cordless link to the doorbell.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 25 Mar 2012, you wrote in uk.d-i-y:

See Argos Wireless Doorbell Kit.623/7396 Plug Through

Reply to
DerbyBorn

ains receiver

With the price being so low - just forget about you 'own' old doorbell.

Reply to
DerbyBorn