Dome bolts

I need a bolt to hang large driveway gates to it's hinge. For neatness does anyone know of a bolt that has a dome finish (or similar) both front and back rather than an ugly standard nut on one side.

Reply to
Barnsey

Couple of domed nuts along with a suitable length of studding? Not sure where you'd get small numbers though, Screwfix seem to do them in 100s

Lee

Reply to
Lee

you need whats called a coach bolt, any decent engineers merchants should be sort you out.

Kev

Reply to
kevin foote

Coach bolts don't come with domed nuts.

Reply to
Rob Morley

There are some bolts that may do you. They are used in metal fences to join the sections together. They come in different diameters and lengths, to the best of my estimation.

I first saw them, when some tarmac was laid at school. The boys from the black stuff had tools that would grip the dome and let them un-screw it

The bolt is like a coach bolt and the nut has a hexagon on it to tighten it up. The hexagon snaps off when the right torque is reached. The nut then looks like a squatter shape of an electricity cooling tower. HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave