Condensate Pumps

Are they any good and how much noise do they make?

I am looking at the Saniflo Sanicondens

Has anyone had any experience with one of these?

TIA

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:23:55 +0100, Mr Fizzion scrawled:

Oh dear.

Personally, I'd stick to somethong not made by Saniflo. I have on my list of things to do 'fit condensate pump to boiler' and I was goiong to use the Worcester one, and I think someone else do a one at a good price, but I can't remember the make, it's written down somewhere.

Reply to
Lurch

Where are these used? Are they for pumping condensate away from a condensing boiler that doesn't have a local drain gully? If so how can the boiler be used without one? Does it collect in a bucket for manual draining?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

On a condensing boiler, below the drain level, or far away from a drain pipe.

See above.

When full it pumps the condensate out to a drain or outside to a soakaway, etc. So, a condensing boiler can be fitted just about anywhere. With 30 metre flue lengths and these pumps, no excuse.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:01:24 +0100, "TheScullster" scrawled:

Somewhere at a lower point then the exit of the condensate drain.

Yes.

Pipe the condensate to a drain.

Pardon? Does what do the what what?

Reply to
Lurch

When the drain is too high or too far away the pump is needed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Any time you need the condensate to flow "up hill" toward the drain (i.e. boiler in basement etc and below the level of the drain)

You can go a fair distance even without a pump as long as the drain level is below the level of the boiler.

The boiler usually has a small plastic "S" trap into which the condensate empties. This is connected via plastic pipe to a suitable drain. Gravity does the rest.

Reply to
John Rumm

Can't you just pass it through a magnetic conditioner ? Then it will flow uphill on demand, come when whistled at, sit, beg, etc. And it won't fur up the pipes.

HTH. HAND.

Reply to
John Laird