Does anyone ever get their gas meter

The "safety check" is to make sure there isn't a piece of garden hose bypassing the meter.

Last meter reader took one my look at my boarded-in meter and said "well that obvoiusly hasn't been tampered with". Given all he could see was the reading through a small hole in the front of the window-seat I think that was something of an assumption.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

BTDTGTTS - BG even managed to reactivate an old credit card, once used for payment with them, when we moved to France. It was in the days when they charged for cards so it was a problem to sort out and get refunds (never use continuous authority on a CC). We didn't even owe them anything at the time, since we'd also settled before moving. I've never used BG since - except now in trying to deal with MIL's house, miles away, that has suddenly gone to a very low usage, so they keep wanting to inspect it, despite our telling them the house is empty...

Reply to
JohnW