Special requirements when plasterboarding kitchen ceiling?

I'm about to reboard the kitchen ceiling in our single storey extension. Can i just use standard plasterboard or is it necessary to use anything special for vapourcheck / fire regs?
Thanks for any advice.
mike wrote:

Standard stuff is good. Eggshell paint is harder wearing, handy when scrubbing grease off. 12mm provides a bit more fire resistance than 9.5 fwiw.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Thanks. I think the person who mentioned vapour/fire check to me might have been talking about regs for flats/conversions.
mike wrote:

Its a good idea to use foil backed boards in steamy rooms, and in fact everywhere. Its not much extra, and it does keep moisture where it should be.
Likewise doubling it up meets most fire regs..beware of recessed lights tho.