Loft Hatch in Kitchen - Fire Regs etc

Hi all

I am planning a re-model of our kitchen which is a single storey extension with a pitched roof. Currently the extension is split into an awkward 2 rooms with the loft access being gained from a not so useful size/shape utility area. Are there fire regs implications in having a loft hatch in the main kitchen area? Does it have to be something special to ensure fire resistance of 1/2 hour or longer?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Would suggest you fit hard wired heat alarm in Kitchen; assume loft just for storage.

Heat alarm must be interconnected to existing smoke alarms

Reply to
Gel

Gel

Thanks - yes loft for storage only. I was aware of the requirement for heat detector, but was unsure about whether anything special had to be done to the access hatch.

Anyone else in the know?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster