Kitchen divider arch (interior, non-structural)

A planned but yet unbuilt kitchen/diner needs a plaster dividing arch, (purely ornamental and non-structural) and fictionally supported by rectangular pillars, one pillar going down to ground level, the other's base giving the appearance of being supported on the wall side of a peninsular unit. I require a flatish arch spanning approx 3M, the ceiling height being 2.3M . I envisage constructing a plasterboard skin on a wood frame for the pillars but require to form some kind of "fancy bits" where the pillars meet the arch and at the skirting board / work surface intersection. I believe that there are expanded metal formers available to form the arch. Hoping that I've described my requirements adequately, can anyone give me suggestions or tips on how I should proceed as I have no skills whatsoever in the arts of plastering. Hopefully there is a manufacturer somewhere that can provide me with pre-fabricated sections which I can fix to the wall.

Many thanks Don W

Reply to
Donwill