Edging on an arch ?

Can anyone help....

We have an Arch hole between 2 rooms ...We've wallpapered the walls, but painted the 'inside' 4 inches of the arch - ie the thickness of the dividing wall. The problem is getting the wallpaper to stick properly on this 'open edge' - and look neat.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as edging that would go around this edge - and be flexible to run around the arch.

Phil

Reply to
PhilJ

Paint the edge with about 1" width of gloss paint,paper the edging and leave to completely dry,then cut around the overlap wth a new stanley knife blade.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I papered around the arch with an inch overlapped to the inside, cutting slots every inch around the arch bit so that the bits would fold round, then put a 4 inch strip around the inside, still looks good years later.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Aha! I did it the other way around, 4" strip around the inside first, then papered & trimmed. Mine looks terrible!

I'm a wiser man!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yeah..That's what I was going to suggest .I believe that's the " proper" way to do it . I did it that way on an alcove arch and it worked well

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Plastic v profile draught excluder might work. Or it might look worse

Reply to
Stuart Noble