Worktop Edging?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help!
We have a worktop that has been fitted as a breakfast bar seperating the kitchen and the dining area. It seems to be a normal worktop, ie rounded at one side and cut square on the other. The edging on the long side has, over time started to peel off. I have replaced this once myself using the glue on wood strip (on a roll) from B&Q. I found this horrendous to apply. It was Ok to actually get glued down with the evo-stick but a mare to shave the edge of it down to match the thickness of the actual worktop.
So, to my question, is there an alternative out there. I was maybe looking for a longer version of the worktop edging that you use at the end of a worktop (maybe by a cooker etc). You generally get this in silver,brass, wood effect metal. Is there a longer version of this at all. Or, can anyone offer any alternatives. Looking at 2.5 m ish
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.