dob and dab on painted wall?

Simple question, I think! I want to use dob and dab to put up some plasterboard on a brick wall. The only problem is that the wall has been previously painted. Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem, and if so, suggest what I might do about it. Many thanks.

Anyone any thoughts on this? Thanks.
kent wrote:

never saw the original post..odd.
it could be a problem depending on what you are dabbing with as it were.
I'd check a dab first and see if it rips off.
Mind you, it doesn't take a lot to hold platserboard up.
kent wrote:

Your original post never made it to the group, probably Google again.
Firstly, it's dot and dab, and I shouldn't imagine the paint will affect the adhesive, but you can scratch it off in patches if you like, certainly wouldn't do any harm, but you don't need to go to town on it
Phil L wrote:

The original post showed on my computer on 27/02/2012 at 21:57 via eternal september.
--
Adam

ARWadsworth wrote

And on mine using individual.net.