DIYwiki certificate problem

Both Pale Moon and Firefox are reporting a certificate issue: "wiki.diyfaq.org.uk uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed."

Anyone else seeing this?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

There is not actually a https version of it - so if you visit http:// you should be ok.

(I might go buy it a SSL cert, then it can run on either!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Seems OK here, using the latest version of FF, 98.0.1 64 bit.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

or set it up to grab a free letsencrypt cert every three(?) months ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only if I insist on https protocol

Time someone installed letsencrypt certs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There does seem to be an https site that is self certified. letsencrypt is free and will autorenew very three months

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I assume that the new version of Pale Moon that I'm using must be defaulting to https only, as I've never had a problem with it before (Enable Strict Transport Security is ticked in the prefs). Mind you, there have been very recent shenanigans with PM which might have changed things, with civil war appearing between the two main devs. :-(

Not sure if I've used FF before with the website, as PM has previously always worked without problem.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I have to say that Chrome just takes me to the wiki. Presumably to the http version.

It does say at the top "Not secure", which I am 100% fine with.

Reply to
GB

Some browsers are getting quite "shouty" about lack of https or proper certificates

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, just don't post your credit card number on the wiki :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

FYI Pale Moon v30 was recalled -

wasbit

Yes, I'd seen that. Other than live streaming, 30.0.0 is working ok for me. I just use FF if I need to stream anything. I'll wait until the security-fixed version of 29.4.x (29.4.5?) appears before deciding whether or not I need to install it.

Reply to
Jeff Layman