DIY Radiators anyone ?

From another place ..

zymurgy

Absolutely brilliant.

Reply to
EricP

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Looks like someones intestines !!!

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Honestly, no, it doesn't. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Until it leaks...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com saying something like:

Typical art student bodge, too - he could have used copper. If you inspect the inside you'll probably find a month-old sock.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well thanks for that - I've just spent most of the morning exploring the site and still haven't finished!

Saved.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the temperatures ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Steve Firth

Have them throughout and you'd need a 1 kilowatt pump due to the resistance...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

Reply to
Bruce

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round the bend.

Reply to
Bruce

Huh! It was the best I could do. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Why would there be any noise if there weren't any air in the system?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

OK. I'll give you 9/10 (in the Elementary class) You need to practise more to keep up with this group though :-))))

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm just a novice, Mary, but I will keep trying. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Because of turbulence and/or cavitation around those bends, I would expect. I've not done any sums though.

Reply to
Bruce

as long as the flow rate were kept down it should be ok. And I dont see speedy flow happening in such a design. But unless the tubing is very thin you're going to get air pockets.

NT

Reply to
meow2222