Electric Shower Advice....

So we are having our bathroom retiled, so I am going to take this chance to repalce the electric shower.

Its about 4 years old at elast and arted at 9.5kw

Anyone have recommendations of brands? Triton and Mira seem to be the big ones. A plumber I called up strongly recommended Aqualisa - he said they were very good on the inside, but not sure if he was being serious or if he just wnated to sell me the product.

Secondly, same guy also said due to new regs and things I should probably replace my 9.5 with somehtign lower as standards have changed and a newer one will draw mroe powe.r If I wnat to maintain a 9.5kw or go higher does it involve much electrical work? obviously will have to get an electrician in I guess.

What does the different power (i.e 9.5w or 10.5w) actually do and do it make a difference? Is it to do with how much water it can pump out at once ?Ist he difference really noticeable? We have very high water pressure in our house (comapred to some peopels I have seen)

Finally, my main question, I cannot afford a shwoer with thermostatic control but next best thing seems to be 'temp stabilised' basically I wnat a shower that can produce hot water and continue to pump it out without varying too much - which showers/brands are best at this?

Budget is around £100-150. Prefer soemthing in silver if possible!

Reply to
mo

If the cable is adequately rated for 9.5KW then replace it with a new

9.5kW shower, which will still draw 9.5kW. Like for like replacement, even in bathrooms, does not require notification under Part Pee.

If you want a bigger shower then you will probably need to run new cable. This would be notifiable under Part Pee.

Basically you will get more and hotter water with the higher power.There's not much difference between 9.5 and 10.5kW so I wouldn't worry.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Unfortunately over your budget - but I would like one that fits in the loft (assuming the shower is upstairs) and is operated by remote control. Then absolutely no issues with tiling, colour, waterproofing, etc. Brilliant idea but not really caught on.

John

I take it you mean The Triton Satellite shower. Neat .There are a couple on another page that are similer

Triton not have one years ago that fitted behind a panel with just a faceplate showing rather than the conventional box of tricks? I seem to remember it being one of the T80 range .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet