DIY privacy and security, the rights of the individual against the intrusive state.

My 4 machines are all backed up to a 5TB cloud provider that cost me $80 for two years.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It's UK police we are talking about. No one is ever innocent. Remember the Home Offices reasoning for illegally retaining DNA samples was that everyone will be guilty in the future.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Well, yes, exactly. I'm not being very precise with my language, am I? But as this is the DIY group where things get measured to the nearest inch in contrast to ulm where they get measured with a tolerance of

0.01mm or less, I thought it would be good enough :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Ta for that. I'll try that on a (spare) encrypted stick when I get home.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Unfortunately for freedom lovers, the case for compulsorily taking the DNA of *everyone* in the country, innocent or guilty alike, is extremely compelling.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think Ulysses is a better example of random garbage.

Well, random garbage *could* be encrypted data. But OTOH it could be just noise. If we are to live under a system where *you* as the defendant have to prove your random garbage is genuinely just that, then we are *all* f***ed, innocent or guilty.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

DNA tests are so sensitive these days that you could convict anyone of almost anything as your skin cells will waft into the environment as you walk along.

Reply to
Max Demian

Well the RIPA does impose a negative burden of proof in some circumstances... So keep some lube handy!

Reply to
John Rumm