What colour shall I paint our shop?

Just looking for opinions.
Corner terraced shop.
I want it to look nice and to some degree notable but not 'f### me what have they done!'.
It's brick front, stone sides*. Larger stones/lintels around door/windows, stone gutters.
I thought a slate grey around doors, windows and gutter,
And perhaps turquoise or sage or something for the larger areas of brick/stone.
*Bottom half is pebbledash, can't decide whether to leave that as-is.
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 18:27:36 +0100, R D S wrote:

Ask the Conservation Officer in your local planning authority.
On 31/07/2019 18:47, mechanic wrote:

Or look around similar streets until you find something you like. So much depends on the shades of the stone and brick. And also the type of area.
Exactly it may be you cannot paint bare brick without it being rendered or pebble dashed. Some parts of Kingston cannot even put in new shop that look different to the old ones. Brian
--
----- --

Sage seems subdued for my taste. Slate grey too, is a bit dark.
Would soft yellow flat areas with mid-grey relief work? (Not like a wasp or bee!)
On 31/07/2019 18:27, R D S wrote:

Take a photo of the front and photoshop (or equivalent) the colour scheme. IMO avoid green colours - think baby sick/poo. Think about how the colours will look on a miserable wet winters day. Perhaps think about a subtle LED up-lighting at anytime the shop is open during the darker hours.
Are any of the neighbouring properties been painted - if so chose something different by way of colour.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Have you asked your council, sometimes there are guidelines and in some cases definite rules if its an older property. What is it selling? Brian
--
----- --
On 01/08/2019 07:53, Brian Gaff wrote:

We don't sell anything directly, and we're not in a conservation area or similar such.
On 31/07/2019 18:27, R D S wrote:

well that depends on what the shop 'sells' (if anything).
lurid black, purple and pink if it is a tattoo parlour, ... etc
Andrew wrote:

Paint all the signage out of focus, that should help drum-up trade :-P
On 01/08/2019 11:56, Andy Burns wrote:

I'd just feel dizzier then when I got there in a morning.
On Thursday, 1 August 2019 15:19:16 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

Do what del boy did in OFAH and use some florescant tunnel paint.
On 01/08/2019 11:56, Andy Burns wrote:

Specsavers ?.
On 01/08/2019 11:23, Andrew wrote:

Well it's a 'shop' property, but we have our workshop in it so it doesn't retail.

I did the woodwork (windows and door) of our oticians in black and purple the other year, I was very pleased with it!
On Thursday, 1 August 2019 15:17:07 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

But what do you work? Chop Harleys may demand a different colour scheme from hand-built kitchens.

Not the highest of contrast ratios; I'm surprised if people don't wander in thinking it's an undertaker's. They tend to like black and purple.
Owain
On 01/08/2019 17:16, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Nice one one the side of this place
https://goo.gl/maps/FKTJv3eHZ8ZrStwP8
--
Adam

On Thursday, 1 August 2019 19:04:47 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Seems to be quite widespread.
https://imgur.com/gallery/wC92jjm
https://www.barrheadnews.com/news/17573943.campaigners-adds-another-defibri llator-to-barrhead/
and one in a hearse
https://www.funeralservicetimes.co.uk/news/technology-equipment/2019/02/14/ funeral-director-installs-defibrillator-in-hearse/
Taylor told the Ipswich Star: “I thought it would be a good idea be cause of the type of people that are often at funerals. There are a lot of elderly people who attend, either for friends or family members, and it is an emotional and stressful time for an awful lot of people. “They can also be big events especially when it is for a young pe rson when funerals can see up to 400 mourners. Emotions play a big part whi ch can make funerals a high risk place for people who could become unwell. ”
Owain
On Thursday, 1 August 2019 19:04:47 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

And here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-13223122
"People will be directed to the Park Independent Funeral Home by 999 operat ors,"
Central England Co-operative has installed the devices across its entire tr ading area in everywhere from food stores to funeral homes to petrol fillin g stations. 32 at funeral homes, one at the Society’s coffin factory, one at Br etby Crematorium and one at the Business Support Centre, in Lichfield. https://www.funeralservicetimes.co.uk/news/technology-equipment/2017/01/06/ defibrillators-installed-in-32-funeral-homes/
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk says...

And, if the defibrillator doesn't work, there's a conbvenient church on the opposite side of the road for the funeral service.
Bet the pall bearers curse those steps, though.
--

Terry

On Friday, 2 August 2019 13:29:07 UTC+1, Terry Casey wrote:

And a butcher's just down the road for the sausage rolls after.
Owain