Cement colourant to alter paint colour.

I have some cream masonry paint, that I'd like a shade darker. A little bit of brown cement colour does the job admirably. Is this a bad idea?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Go for it. The pigment in cement dye is pretty similar to that used in paint dyes that you can get from the paint suppliers, the only difference being the paint dyes are usually liquid making them easier to mix in...to get around this, simply mix up a dark brown liquid of paint, dye and a little water in a cup or similar and add a bit at a time to the main paint container, and mix well (you may need two buckets for this - the bottom inch has a tendency to stay white, along with half an inch of paint on the sides)

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks!

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You might find the colour varies during the drying interval if its anything like dyed cement.

john2

Reply to
john2