DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

a waste of a fairly decent router!

I love that

Reply to
Ghostrecon

Sometime end of March the girl at CPC told me...

Reply to
John Rumm

More usefully, employ some teachers who have a grasp of what's being currently used in industry and not what was used ten or twenty years ago.

Reply to
grimly4

I seem to recall reading a few years ago that Corel were putting the option of a DOS blue screen back into the latest version of WP to try and wean legal firms off of WP5.1. When I looked on Ebay 5.1 licences were still commanding quite a price.

Reply to
Nick

I've been given a delivery date of week commencing 16th of April.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well there's your problem. You can't buy them from CPC.

Reply to
The Other Mike

etc.

Some of the participants on the Back-To-Work programme I'm on could do with that was well.

Correction - the *course instructor* could do with going on that course.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

I think that is what we just said... ;-)

John Rumm

Why, I can think of no finer reason for getting one.

Reply to
grimly4

But didn't something for the PC use F3? Very hazy memory there... it wasn't Wordperfect for DOS, was it?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I think it probably was. But they were a law unto themselves.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It was WordPerfect. The product existed before the IBM PC and was one of the first word-processors available for the system. It's possible that the choice of F3 was inherited from a previous version.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Ah, I didn't realise it was that old - I remember we had Wordperfect for Unix and I always assumed that had grown out of the PC product, but maybe it was the other way around...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I remember foxpro... I think we mainly used dbase at uni, along with a bit of ingres.

No, but I did A-level CS '91-93 and I think we had about 20 people in the class then, so across the whole country I expect there were a fair few.

But it was sort-of* interesting back then - there was more hardware diversity, and it was more about programming than it was the "how to type a letter" level which I think it all descended into not many years later.

  • but easy. We used to work through stuff very quickly, to the point where we were permitted by the teacher to skip classes and bugger off into town rather than sit around thumb-twiddling.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I'm not expecting one until March of next year, but that's mostly based upon an estimate of when I might order one after all the hype has died down. :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

If you add another 990 of them, do they turn into a micro? (sorry, but it is Friday...)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Funny you should say that! .-)

The Arduino Mini is actually smaller than the nano...

Reply to
Bob Eager

No, that's A level ICT. A level Computing is fairly rare now, as it's hard. But we still get a fair few applying to us.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It was available on a number of platforms, and indeed did predate PCs and their tradition of F1 for help. Later versions did let you rotate assignments to put escape back on escape (default F1), repeat on F3 (default escape) and help on F1 (default F3)

Reply to
John Rumm

yes ... Computer studies as opposed to ICT, Information technology btec etc was and still is technical, programmig, systems analysis computer archichecture

Reply to
Ghostrecon