DIY Helpless

That is blindingly obvious to someone with common sense. Or is it experience in a similar area? I usually remember how I have solved similar problems in the past when faced with a new problem. But some people have no common sense, or don't notice important things, or don't learn by their own or others' experiences.

Reply to
Matty F

I've partially pebbledashed bathrooms before. Peanuts and a few pints of beer and its dead easy, just take aim and let rip.

I'll get my coat

Reply to
The Other Mike

I've lived in a house with pebbledashed bathroom walls.

Well, gritty textured paint.

It's really not at all wipe-clean, is it?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "DerbyBoy" saying something like:

Emasculation of the modern urban male.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

My first encounter with pebbledash was my junior school playground, where it had been used on most of the surrounding walls. About the worst possible choice in those circumstances.

I bought a house in the 1980's which had been painted throughout (probably in 1950s/1960s) with something which looked like emulsion paint with sharp sand poured into it. A few previous occupants had tried various things to cover it - relining with patterned hardboard, etc. I ripped all that off and reskimmed - about the one thing I could say for that surface was that it skimmed over well.

There's still one ceiling done that way, but that by itself looks OK.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel