Not quite DIY, but amusing

the antics of the new Portsmouth Spinnaker tower. Not only had the project ended up costing vastly more than the budget, but on the official opening day to the public, the lift jammed, trapping trapping the city council's project manager. :-) :-) :-)

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

I don't know about the header, but anything that a council does, should come under a DIY banner :-(

They certainly do not include the public in their decisions.

I visit Portsmouth quite regularly from here (the North West) and each time I pass down the M275 I am amazed at the costly antics of the local council.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Dave wrote

In one seaside town the local council pays millions to stack piles of firewood on a rusty pier - and the local fire brigade claim they had no water to put the fire out :).

Reply to
Alan