DIY Banter has been fixed A message from the webmaster

Hi everyone

For several weeks I have been in touch with Kevin, the webmaster of DIY Banter about the threading and double posting problems we have been seeing on uk.diy. Yesterday I had an email from him, which he has allowed me to quote on here, as follows:

Just an update on the threading and double posting issues. Last Saturday I found a bug that caused the threading to break in a number of newsreaders. I tested a patch and installed it on Monday, and it has been running OK all week. The circumstances that were causing it to break have been repeated live on the the site this week and I have been testing with Pan and other newsreaders and it has worked successfully. I also installed a flood-check which will reduce / stop any accidental double-posting of new threads (There is a time delay between users multiple posting).

The purpose of Diybanter is to be a seamless web gateway to the newsgroups and I am embarrassed at the problems my code caused. Hopefully you won't be seeing these problems again and I appreciate you highlighting these issues to me. Regards Kevin

So thanks to Kevin for the heads up. Hope everyone appreciates his efforts to resolve these problems.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton