Dipstick tailgator

Try looking at the southbound side.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

However, he said L3, not the outside lane. Plenty of places on the motorway network where you will find four or more lanes, particularly near major junctions.

Reply to
nightjar

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :

In Germany they tend to always quickly pull back in to the right after overtaking.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

JNugent explained :

I said L3, not the outside lane.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Better than a Make-believe M0 !

Reply to
Radio Man

Other posts have suggested that L3 at that location is in fact L1, with two exit lanes to the left (and there may be other views or claims on that).

Nevertheless, lane 3 on most stretches of UK motorway is the offside lane, and all that was originally said was that the poster stayed in the third lane on "one section of a nearby motorway", sometimes while towing. If this is a stretch with four lanes, it would not be a breach of motorway-specific regulations but it *might* be a Section 2 "due consideration".

I remember a case at St Albans Mags, quite a few years ago now, where a Land Rover driver towing a trailer in the offside lane (that was L2 at the time) of M1 between Garston and Hemel was convicted under S.2 and was handed an endorsement (this was before penalty points).

Reply to
JNugent

fair enough.

Reply to
JNugent

Forty years ago, I inadvertently undertook a lorry on an autobahn on-slip road. I was on the right lane, he on the left, and going slower than I was. Passing him on his right felt very natural to me. But not to him. There was a violent explosion of hooting...

Reply to
JNugent

Your contribution to road safety continues to surprise me.

Reply to
Robin

Disgraceful.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

so is that an admission the you a brian ray ? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

surprised he wasn't driving a BMW or AUDI ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Same layout, but in the other direction, until it becomes six lanes wide.

Reply to
nightjar

If someone did that to me I suspect I'd call the cops.

Reply to
Tim Streater

One has to wonder if lorry radiator grill in rear view mirror is caused by sub 60mph centre lane driving?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Harry Bloomfield Esq." snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote

No, that's how to let him get past safely.

Reply to
72y33

That game never works.

The driver in L2 will never work it out.

Harry could pull infront of it and get his Missus to show her t*ts and arse at the back window of his car and middle lane hog will not notice.

They are sat in the middle lane doing 60MHP oblivious to everything and that is all they do.

Reply to
ARW

Do you know I'm using his ipad?

Prove it, thicko fantasist.

Reply to
Radio Man

It's appalling.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The cutting in lane here?

Many a driver has missed the A1M turn off because I am in in lane 2 that turns into lane 2 or 3 and I stood my ground from the M1 drivers cutting in at the last second.

Reply to
ARW