Dipstick tailgator

Here is an example of a driver who beleives he has superb reaction speed.

Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

On 07/09/2021 18:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote: > Here is an example of a driver who beleives he has superb reaction > speed.

I have added "OT" to the title, hopefully in the right place. *You* should have done this. Anyway:

So he was 1 second behind you?

You are going too fast.

You should slow down under such circumstances.

This is an advanced driving technique to help avoid crashes.

It means that there's more chance of him being able to stop, and avoid rear-ending you, if you have to brake hard.

It also allows him to overtake and (hopefully) clear off.

Again: this is an advanced driving technique.

It will also piss him off a great deal. Well worth doing.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

On 07/09/2021 18:55, Chris Bacon wrote: > On 07/09/2021 18:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote: > > Here is an example of a driver who beleives he has superb reaction > > speed.

Oh dear. My "[OT]" marker in the subject did not seem to work. Profuse apologies.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

One or more of those roundabouts (difficult to be sure without front cam view too) you could have exited to left lane of dual-carriageway, letting him past?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Chris Bacon was thinking very hard :

Nope, a tiny fraction of a second, he was blocking my entire rear view. The field of view of the camera is very wide and deceptive.

Nope, I was below the limit for the entire video and much less than the limit on the hazardess section at the start.

I wasn't aware of it because he was so close I couldn't see his headlights, but the video showed him flashing his headlights wanting me to go faster.

Mmmm, it only works so far. Not much you can do when a self-important idiot like this decides to tailgate.

If you follow it too the end, despite the very wide road and easy overtake opportunity, he tailgates the car which follows me off the roundabout, then finally bullys his way past on the narrowed approach to a second roundabout.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Andy Burns brought next idea :

No, the lanes leading to the roundabouts are all marked for the direction you intend to go. I was in my correct lanes.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Harry was certainly in no hurry to let him past.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson presented the following explanation :

When it was safe to do so, I put a better speed on, in the hope of loosing him, but still below the limit for that stretch.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The one where you finally let him go, you seem to cut from the left lane to the right lane in front of him (compared to the car behind you who stays left) you could let him pass earlier there ...

From your commentary, you knew he wanted to get past, you wanted him out of your arse, but you kept him there? Like other people on youtube, you're convinced the dashcam footage will prove it's the other guy who's in the wrong? Let him pass and be a sacrificial d*****ad?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You have quite clerly failed to comprehend my meaning taking into account the rest of my psot. You are not an advanced driver. But never mind.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Going "below the limit" is most definitely not necesarily going at a safe speed.

Reply to
Chris Green

Oh, for goodness' sake. At least look into advanced driving techniques, or at least courses.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Chris Bacon pretended :

Really! Nothing annoys a following driver more, than the leading driver slowing down even more on a narrow road where it is almost imposible to overtake. What were you suggesting again?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I would have thought the dipstick in front would have pulled over earlier. I find tractors are the worst.

Reply to
Fredxx

Andy Burns formulated on Tuesday :

No I couldn't there was only one lane in for the direction I was going, yes I did cut across both lanes on the roundabout, because I had checked and it was safe to do so, to be able gain an extra bit of speed on the exit, to hopefully get him off my tail - for a time, I suceeded.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Chris Bacon explained :

I at least, do not need to.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Fredxx explained on 07/09/2021 :

Why should I pull over and where exactly. I was doing a very sensible and safe speed for that stretch of road.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes, really. Just slow down a bit and keep doing so until the driver behind widens the gap. Not rocket science, simply driving a car.

Reply to
Richard

At 4.25 you could have easily let him pass and it would have cost you nothing.

Reply to
Richard