didn't know this

Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Thursday :

The first I have heard of that too, thanks..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

1) I think you meant to post that here:

2) As you like brevity, I think it will be better if you posted the list of things you *do* know.

tee hee

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

plenty...just haven't got a big gob like you timmy ....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Ok, of us, which is happy / respectful enough to conform to the Netiquette here and which of us can be seen 'gobbing off' on Youtube?

And constantly Tweeting stuff here about all sort of nonsense?

Who is happy to accept that the current way of measuring frequency is in Hertz and not insisting using cycles per second.

You are the classic example of someone with a big gob Crazy Jim.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

same thing

Reply to
tabbypurr

Except one is an SI unit and the other isn't.

One is an international quantity and the other isn't.

Reply to
Fredxx

If we stayed in, Miles-per-hour would presumably be replaced by something else ?.

Reply to
Andrew

are people still stressing about that? I have a vague recollection it happened when I was doing block release as an apprentice around 1961!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

There are always people concerned over nothing

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, but Jim is one of those sad old radio amateurs who lives in the past.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And there is no logic to his statement.

If he's happy with 'cycles per second' because it means what it says, how uncomfortable must he be with pretty well ever other unit that doesn't (or not with any level of accuracy)?

No wonder it's driven him crazy! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Interesting

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

+1
Reply to
Richard

OOI, did you follow the youtube link?

Reply to
Richard

only timmy is stressing about it...I just don't use it......I use the more descriptive cycles per second.....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

like timmy

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

nothing sad about it...it is the place to be.....the hobby has been trashed.....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

as you say timmy

Reply to