TRV Travel

Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.

Reply to
bert

Somewhere around 3/16" +/- 1/16".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

bert pretended :

That's what it's supposed to do. If the pump is running at the time, you might feel or hear the flow stop too as it is pushed in.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

And it should come up. It's the mechanism in the bit that has been taken off that pushes down the pin.

Reply to
alan_m

3 - 5mm ish
Reply to
John Rumm

It does. Does that mean it is normally open?

Reply to
bert

It's not a lot is it, from full open to full closed.

Reply to
bert

Area of 15 mm dia circle about 175 mm^2 Area of 5 mm of 15 mm dia cylinder about 235 mm^2

The two areas are roughly equal with 3.7 mm of cylinder.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice