Did Santa bring you any tools?

Santa brought me a pair of Knippex 74 08 200 cutters and some DeWalt boots.

Now as I am a Yorkshireman I also asked thay also came with a receipt so that I can offset them againt my tax bill. Is anyone else on this newsgroup that tight fisted:-)?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Maybe you should have got some ear defenders to counteract the noise from that petrol scooter 8-)

Reply to
stephen.hull

I suppose the odds are pretty good that your return won't be selected for review and passed to a person in HMRC who reads this newsgroup so a good bet - especially for a Yorkshireman :)

Reply to
Robin

I am not greedy with my receipts. I am not am MP.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Set of Halfords Professional spanners .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

a brand new ceiling with sheepswool insulation. Hard-working bastard, that St Nik.

Reply to
grimly4

I couldn't resist the Bosch PMF180E Multitool from Homebase with 1/3 off and 20% off that ('till Sat 31st) total =A347.98. I was expecting it to be in a cardboard box but no it has the plastic case. Limited tools, small straight saw, the just over semicircular one and sanding pad and half a dozen sheets.

Got mine from the Horwich, Bolton store. The online stock checker had

7 instock last night, down to 5 tonight.

It's now hidden in my tool store as it was bought without permission. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Me!

If I pay 20p to park I claim it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Splashed out on a brighter torch, and wanted something with a UK 18650 charger

high ground after getting nephew, very nice build qulity still going strong year on;

year and getting my previous generation Cree single AA hosed on...

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I 'treated' myself to one of those Bosch Multitools from CPC just before Christmas.

72 Euro.... but I needed some other bits as well.

Actually, it's for 'work' - need to fit a repair section to a stained-glass window in a local church - and needed a way of removing a

1ft-long section of a 3" x 1" timber bead, without disturbing the rest of it. As the bead buts up against the undamaged section of the stained-glass, I couldn't think of any other tool that would cut the bead without upsetting the (200-year-old!) window.

We'll see if it works early in the New Year!

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Don't worry Dennis will forward the post to HMRC and Trading Standards.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Fuck.

I best not mention that I am also claiming for the drill I bought my Dad then.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There is no such thing as "without permission". All you have to do is name the tool you want and we will find a reason/DIY job for you to buy it:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You mean it's your "spare" which you keep at Dad's house in case you get burgled.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Who by force of habit will visit Adam's neighbour instead, and break their neck on the drive.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You really are as stupid as they say. There is no reason to forward the post, its not like you are inciting a criminal act upon another person like TMH was. I would like to think more people would act where a crime is being committed against a person but the way the idiots in this group act makes me think they are all chicken including you.

Reply to
dennis

This is what you need:

?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1325094571&sr=1-18

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Had some of those for years and they are pretty good, but the Torx bits are badly designed, unless they've changed them. The various Torx bits all neck down to a 6mm hex that is in turn permanently fixed into a socket with a square drive. This makes the 6mm section a weak point. I have broken three or four of them - one of them in the middle of torquing up a cylinder head with a set of single use bolts where the sequencing was supposed to take place within a fixed timeframe :( Halfords will change anything that breaks, no problem, but that's not much use in the middle of a torque and time based sequence! The rest of the set I have been very happy with.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Huh, I assumed he was referring to the shop staff...

Reply to
Jules Richardson