Thanks Santa!

I must have been a good boy, Santa did bring me the Axminster de-luxe pocket hole jig I wanted!

After an initial 'play' it looks like a great piece of kit, fast, simple & very accurate - and the joints are incredibly strong, even without glue.

Works very well in MDF, no 'splitting' out when making up corner joints.

I reckon the 1 1/4" screws will be the most used, seem perfect for 18mm PAR and MDF.

Highly recommended.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

OK, I've seen the photo:

What does it do?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Makes a hole in your pocket?

Reply to
Set Square

Similar to

Andy Hall

Yes but what does it *really* do :-)

Reply to
dave

It's a jig for drilling holes in wood at different angles, minus the drill mind. He'll prolly use it once in a blue moon.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It enables you to make joints in wood of all types, but without the need to clamp while the glue dries.

It can be used to replace the mortice & tennon, the half lap etc.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

It's far more than that if you have any woodworking knowledge & some imagination.

You are having a laugh. I've already used it!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

But it fails when making draws and cases using 3/8" wood. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It's a piece of "Kit" ! Allows you to make reproduction Ikea or Mfi like furnishings with sawdust wood (MDF) Every craftsman cabinetmaker should have one. ;(

-
Reply to
Mark

Do I detect jealousy here ? I got one, you don't ner ner ne ner ner..........................

Dave

Reply to
david lang