dewalt 2kg sds drill

Killed! Lasted almost 10 months but died today. I took it back to the BM but they insisted on having it repaired under warranty. I've not managed to break any of my Makita tools. I may have abused the DeWalt (we are builders!) but no more than any Makita tool has been abused.

Back to Makita methinks!

Reply to
mark roberts

Why did you change to DeWalt, then, if you have been happy with Makita?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't thing there is a make I cannot break or burn out. It just takes longer with some makes. But a 2kg DeWalt is not a builders tool.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Needed an sds breaker quick and the BM had one in. I told them then that I liked Makita and they said the Dewalt was just as good. :)

I can do smug tho........

Reply to
mark roberts

In message , ARWadsworth writes

They've been claiming it for a while now. Axminster list 'em as 'industrial'. I must say, while it was working it was fine. The trouble with a site environment is the 'abuse' that tools get. I'm fully expecting Dewalt to return the thing saying its been abused instead of being used as the hand book stipulates. I shall inform them of how all the Makita gear gets similar abuse and still manages to survive for years (well for ever really). I'll lose a

100 quid and they'll lose a trade customer :)
Reply to
mark roberts

When I bought my 566 the BM asked several times to check I wasn't demolishing walls with it.

Reply to
Mike

Well, yes, but that could have meant just as good profit margins. Or better... Chaps behind the counters can't be expected to know how anything they sell will last - unless they've had loads of complaints.

How do the prices compare? Not being funny, but I don't use these things professionally.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

?

Of course not. But they claimed Dewalt was *as* good as Makita despite my mentioning other ppl who had told me they weren't as good. They only had the Dewalt in and I took it on the condition that I'd bring it back if I killed it. Which we haven't managed to do with Makitas in the same environment.

My old Makita 8419b that I've had for nearly 20 years, regularly abused with core bits, plaster mixing and being jammed while drilling

18mm holes in 8mm steel girders on site now costs about a couple of hundred quid.

Our Makita sds drill/breaker costs about 130 quid.

The Dewalt cost me about the same.

We do have one of them challenge things that argos sold. The makita and the dewalt have a far superior impact and weigh much much less.

We did manage to break it in 2 weeks. Is since been bodged up and now finds use a plaster mixer.

30 quid every 2 weeks or a couple of hundred every decade for a Makita. :)
Reply to
mark roberts