Desktop PC problems.

I only mentioned it to make the point it is a simple task, with not much more than a screwdriver needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+1.

I have assembled / repaired many many things, not just PC's on the kitchen worktop. And it's ok for me to do so because 1) some of the things are for / with the Mrs and 2) if she can grind the valves in on the cylinder head when we built the kitcar, on the kitchen worktop, I then I can certainly build a PC there. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

FWIW I often find uk.comp.homebuilt helpful for this sort of thing. Even for something which isn't strictly homebuilt, just something which has had some tweaking. Just recognise that "over there" we are amateurs like some I could mention here.

Reply to
newshound

No need to steal anything with Macs, it comes for free now.

Reply to
Hankat

I wasn't expecting to read that. Wow.

Reply to
pamela

No, I have a spare room that I can use as one.

I don't have a need for one I've never liked eating meals in the kitchen, and I wouldn't consider sawing or doing DIY work in a kitchen either, or sleep in the kitchen or have a crap in it. I tend not to prepare meals in the toilet or the garden.

Reply to
whisky-dave

My friend assumed his was too buying it on ebay from a suplier with good ratings and it even stated that what he was buying was a licence from a pack and that legally he could install it on one PC.

What stolen software ? although for PC users maybe that's the key to a cheap computer.

Reply to
whisky-dave

,

Then why do you need a kitchen table, I have two computer tables and a coff ee table in the living room with a TV too, I use the kitchen for preparing food and washing up, and I've never had a TV in the kitchen, bathroom or to ilet. When I installed my new iMac it went straight on the table where it has bee n for nearly 3 years, even when I added extra RAM I didn't need to take it to a 'workshop' to 'operate' on it. I put my old imac on the floor connected it to my hub selected that disc fr om the imgration assistant and within a couple of hours everything was copi ed over and working, no serail numbers needed typing back in, just a passwo rd to my appleID and data, apps, network everything transfered over first t ime and booted first time, no need to dismantle anything.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Right. Remind me to refuse an invitation to stay overnight. Splinters in the bed don't go for a good night's sleep.

You have a dining room, then? Thought it was a smallish flat.

You get a man in to paint it? But thanks for confirming assembling a PC is as far outside your ken as dimmers.

No barbie?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You weren't getting one.

Why would there be splinters in the bed. I keep beds in bedrooms not toilets or kitchens or workshops, do you sleep in yuor workshop or do you sleep on the kitchen table. So remind me never to come to dinner at your place I find it a bit odd that you sleep in the kitchen.

I have what I call a front room, where my TV and computers are and where I have meals. I have a bedroom where I have a bed and that's where I sleep. I have a bathroom which is where I have a bath and have a shit in the toilet. I have a spare room that has no bed in it where I store stuff, estate agents call it a second bedroom although the last agent called it a study. But then the last agent also said I live in central london, because when on the tube I can get to central london in under 25mins.

Here's the sort of property I have, upstairs with bay windows similar to this which I pass a few tines a week.

No, but I don;t use my kitchen for DIY.

I just wouldn't service a mac or a PC on my kitchen worktop I have a spare room and a table I can use or the frontroom.

No can't stand them or the smell, I try to avoid BBQs I don't like BBQ tastes either.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , whisky-dave writes

Stripping down a gearbox?

Reply to
bert

I see to do DIY you need to strip such things down on your kitchen table. well I haven't got a kitchen table. I don't understand why people don't use a garage for striping down gearboxes. I dontl understand why DIYers have to saw wood in their bedroom rather than the kitchen table or the garden.

Reply to
whisky-dave