Depressing time in my DIY journey

Wouldn't work with my council. Rubbish must be in the proper bin; paper, plastics, tins, go in the blue bin; large items will be picked up on request by appointment - up to three items at a time, for about 17 GBP. Anything else, including glass jars and bottles, is to be taken to the recycling centre. Small electricals left beside the bin will not be collected by the council.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I live in a poor area. We just chuck our rubbish oot the windae and every few months the cooncil come round wi a barra and tidy up the back court :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Amusing, but sadly that's what actually happens when councils start being picky about what refuse they will collect.

Reply to
Huge

I usually email them back and ask when they'd like to collect, before giving the address. Those who just send a standard 'I'll have it' post can't be bothered to reply.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rather like removing litter bins 'for security reasons' then moaning about litter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I keep one jam jar into which I throw odd screws. Its the first place I go to if I need a few screws rathe than tapping into the new stock

Reply to
fred

So what you're saying is if you want a screw you go to your jam jar, does your jam jar get sticky too ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

South Bucks allows that - but it took them three weeks to notice the kettle I left out for them.

Reply to
Max Demian

Like the London Underground because of the IRA. Now they can save the cost of emptying them. They were going to ban eating on the Underground to reduce litter, then the King's Cross fire happened in 1987 so they banned smoking instead - which satisfied their appetite for banning things for a time.

Reply to
Max Demian