Definition for fitting burglar alarm

Ditto. Painfully loud, in fact.

Mine's in the integral garage.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 27th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
"Threatening an atheist with hellfire is no more effective than a

On the few I have fitted I have always mounted the sounder that acknowledges the keypad and pre alerts etc away from the panel, although I do use remote keypads and the panel is normally hidden. The idea being that it is easier for me to hear entrance door chimes and also it doesn't direct the intruders to the panel if they wish to try and disable it.
For internal sounders attached to the alarm output then the range of sound bombs are good, low current consumption, relatively discrete and VERY loud, you don't want to stay in the same room as them for too long.
--
Bill

Legal question here:
Insurance companies can void a policy if you fail to tell them a material fact. That's usually something like failing to tell them you have cancer when you go for a life policy or failing to declare that the Nissan Micra's been retrofitted with a 9.5 litre V16 turbocharged motor but could they void a policy for not admitting that you have a burglar alarm?
Nick

Only if it had an adverse affect to the risk?
Perhaps you could argue it has - if you rely on it rather than checking all doors and windows are locked.
--
*Vegetarians taste great*

Or makes a thief think its worth breaking into your house to steal whatever you are protecting.