Dead Hitachi vacuum cleaner - how to get it apart?

Hi...our Hitachi CV770DP vacuum cleaner has a break in the mains cable in the are where it winds on to the spool. I've taken all the screws out of the rear part of the casing, but the casing won't come off as it appears to be held by a fancy security nut/bolt that needs a special key to undo it. Anyone else come across this? Any clues please? Hitachi web sites not much use for this...

TIA

Reply to
pidgeonpost

Do you have a picture/description of said screw head?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex - not at present. I may be able to get one, but it could be tricky as it's recessed. I'll try to give it a go later...

Reply to
pidgeonpost