De Dietrich Element

My De Dietrich double oven (Type FM4827U11) has developed a fault with the bottom (Small) oven's top element.

Basically, it would trip the (30mA) RCD when turned on.

I hooked it up to a PAT tester, and it confirmed there was leakage to earth when the bottom oven was turned on.

One by one I disconnected wires to the two elements, and found the top one to be at fault.

Now the problem is finding somewhere that will sell me a new one!

It is a double element (1000w and 1650w)

it has 7865-1541 marked on it

Any ideas where I can get a new one I have tried googling, but can only seem to find people selling new complete ovens!)

Thanks!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Try CPC...they seems to be able to source most white goods spares, and their proces are the same as or a little cheaper than others, in my limited experience. Open till 1900 or so...

08701 20 25 30
Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks for that, I do have a CPC account, and did have a look at their offerings.

Alas, there was no De Dietrich elements... I will give them a call, and see if they can get one in for me!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

They really don't list anything but the fast moving things...but seem to be able to get most things. I should have said that...the catalogue is not a good guide.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I rang them this morning, but the apparently don't do De Dietrich parts :(

They did however give me a number for De Dietrich, but they are closed today!

Will try again on Friday!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks