Curious Cladding Profile. Identification assistance please!

Hi,

My home was built in the early 60's. At the back the balcony wall is clad with 7/8" timber on a 4" pitch.

Cladding profile:

situ:
can see there are 2 types of boards: "underlapping" and "overlapping"

I guess it is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e that someone still makes this though I've never seen anything like it anywhere.

I'm sure I can emulate the "look" by taking a router to conventional 21mm T&G.....but before I do....can anybody suggest where I could obtain the real Mc Coy?

David

.
Reply to
Vortex

"overlapping"

I can see why its uncmomon: half the joints encourage water to go inwards instead of out. If I were replacing it all I'd change the joint arrangement, making all the joints run the same way. Should help it last longer.

Cant help re sources though.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

It's vertical, so I'd be surprised if it made any difference at all.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Any half decent wood yard will make it up from a sample, some will even preasure treat what they make, thus extending the life..

Rick

Reply to
Rick