Creda 550c Shower - power off button flashing and only cold water!!

Hi,

I've recently moved into a flat which has a Creda Shower (550c) installed. It has been working fine however today the power cut out mid shower (after about 4mins!). After about 10mins the shower turned itself back on, but with the power off light flashing - leaving the shower running it didn't turn itself off and pressing the power off button had no affect.

I've left the shower off at the mains for a couple of hours, however even now when I turn it back on it switches itself on automatically and only with cold water running and no response to the power off, medium/high pressure buttons.

Any advice...??

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
MattBromley

In article , MattBromley writes

Creda has manuals here

.

The faultfinding section is poor but it shows that these are pretty simple with all the electrical control handled by a single pcb. A flashing lamp suggests a pcb fault which I doubt will be cheap so if you have a meter it would be worthwhile checking the major components with it before replacing that. Definitely check the thermal cutout on top of the heater for open circuit and check for stuck buttons on the front panel which may be confusing the controller.

There are tech help and spares sales numbers in the manual and I notice that this model has a 3yr warranty so if you can show proof of install or purchase then you may be able to get it fixed for free.

Be sure to isolate the supply before carrying out any checks.

Reply to
fred