Covering Concrete

Hi all, I have a small section of concrete between my gate and garage, about 3 x

4.5 mtr. it is looking a bit tired and worn, I would like to smarten it up. This verges on to my paved patio so the thickness needs to be as little as possible. I do not want or can afford to dig it out and lay matching paving or pay somebody to do it. Options I can think of are:
  1. cold lay tarmac
  2. Painting
  3. Thin layer of cement Anybody got ideas as to how to smarten it up. The garage never has or will be used for a car, (too much crap filling the garage) so I only intend to use it as a bbq area.

Bazza

Reply to
Bazza

Astro turf?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nice one but I don't think so, does not fit with my outlook

Reply to
Bazza

It's also a swine for tab ends thrown on the floor. I never got asked back to "THEIR" house for a BBQ after that mistake.

Cold tarmac will not last long from what I have seen of it Paint is slippery when wet. A thin layer of cement will probably not last the first frost.

Red carpet?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Cold Tarmac, Just foot traffic so maybe OK Paint, Not really want a BBQ when wet also want to smooth surface probably right after first frost. Additives to prevent lifting?

Bazza

Reply to
Bazza

You can get epoxy based paints designed for floors, quite pricey but they do last much better than ordinary paint.

Reply to
John Rumm