What's in this box connected to a CU?

this yesterday but didn't seem to propagate beyond my news server)

Reply to
Graham

Electricity presumably :-)

I think its probably a private spur feed to the Skunk farm that the previous occupants had in the attic, and the phonenumber is the drug squad, and they put it there for a joke.

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not on a 2.5 T&E cable. Have you see what power those lights need? :-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Some sort of alarm system that is now removed?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.com declared for all the world to hear...

Reply to
Jon

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:33:17 +0100, "Graham" mused:

Have you got a key for the padlock? Have you rung the number on it? What is it actually connected to?

Looks like some srt of security cover for a spur for something.

Reply to
Lurch

Can you see the number printed on the box? *PHONE IT AND ASK* Once you have done that post again and let us all know. It might have been an idea to do that in the first place!

Reply to
Rob

Ring the phone number (or at least its modern equivalent) on the box, and ask them.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No point. It's a marketing and PR company.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sorry. I was only trying to be helpful

;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Power supply to the neon-lit advertising hoarding on the gable end of his house?

Any of the breakers labelled with clues, e.g., alarm, neon-lit advertising hoarding, UFO repeller, nuclear bunker, next-door's immersion heater, etc.?

Take the cover off the distribution board and see what it connects to. Cut padlock off, probably find it's not connected, remove it.

Reply to
Aidan

No, actually I think we are getting somewhere.

020 7393 4900 doesn't seem to exist but I suppose I just found the same reference to it on the web as Frank. Primesite Ltd, they do shop signage amongst other things don't they? And this is (or was) a shop so I am thinking it was a feed to an illuminated sign.
Reply to
Graham.

Well, it was your useful suggestion that made me look it up!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Never thought of that!

Reply to
Bob Eager

(Sorry if this appears twice, news-server problems) No, actually I think we are getting somewhere.

020 7393 4900 doesn't seem to exist but I suppose I just found the same reference to it on the web as Frank. Primesite Ltd, they do shop signage amongst other things don't they? And this is (or was) a shop so I am thinking it was a feed to an illuminated sign.
Reply to
Graham.

As me, actually! After Frank suggested ringing it, I did a web search for the 'modern' version.

I guess so. When I saw marketing and PR, I jumped to the conclusion that the number had been reallocated.

Aha. Now you say that, it begins to fall into place.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Tagged: Tiscali Idiot

Reply to