Covering a boss hole in a soil stack

Removed a pipe from a boss on a soil stack (it's almost becoming a hobby). I was going to cap it but it was all in generally poor nick so I removed
it all leaving, obviously, a hole. This is a job beyond gaffer tape as it turns out! Even temporarily but the less said about that the better. :(
My first reaction was to replace a section containing the hole but I couldn't be arsed so had a brainwave, I cut a few inches from a new pipe, then 2 cuts down that piece lengthways to remove about 30 percent of the pipe leaving a C shape.
This satisfyingly clipped tightly on and i've solvent welded it.
I'm sure this has been done before but in case that helps anyone....
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 13:36:05 +0100, R D S wrote:

B-)
Surprised that gaffer tape didn't work provided the outer of the pipe was clean and dry and the tape was wrapped around for two or three layers and not just a patch stuck on.

That'll works and neater than a (new, replacement) capped boss sticking out.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 25/07/2020 14:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:

It's been a ballache of a job, I suspect there is something in the pipe impeding flow after the bit i'd gaffered so it's not just flying past.
Found it difficult to wrap around too, due to the small space twixt the pipe and the wall so it was a bit of a patchwork.
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 17:31:36 +0100, R D S wrote:

Must be fairly close or draining pretty slowly. A single flush isn't going to fill much more than about 4' of 4" soil pipe.

I thought you'd say that. B-) Difficult to have a long enough strip torn off the roll and threading it behind a pipe whilst not letting it stick to anything else or itself. Might be able to wrap a long length onto a pencil and pass that behind the pipe.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 25/07/2020 13:36, R D S wrote: