soil stack

I have a 3 inch main soil stack rising from my basement floor(new home) Should I continue with the 3 inch or will going to 4 inch on up make any difference

Reply to
karla

In the direction of flow, that would amount to **decreasing** the pipe size. That's not permitted; keep it 3".

Note: In some very northern states, you might be required to increase from 3" to 4" just before exiting the roof to the vent terminal. This is to reduce the chance of "frost closure" but is a separate issue.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim