Soil Stack Sorrows

Hi Well it's got to the stage where the new bog has to go in. Unfortunately the bread knife wants it three feet to the left of where it's predesessor was located. This obviously means putting it on a pedestal (I could use the wife's, she doesn't use it much these days) which would look horrible, or bugger about with the soil stack to get the requisite fall. Unfortunately soil stacks are one of my plumbing gremlins, though I suppose they are only waste pipes but bigger. We live in the top flat of three fortunately, so it wouldn't be too risky to cut into it. Do I need some sort of slip coupling to add in any new lengths? Does anyone know where I can learn about this subject, information seems hard to come by. Many thanks.

Reply to
Peter

I assume that the existing waste-to-soil comes straight out of the wall at the same height at the pans outlet? if so (and you are definately moving it

3 feet) then you need to raise the new pan approx 1.5-2 inches. My advice is go to your local plumb merchant, explain the prob and ask what loos they have that will minimise the hassle. i just put in 3 new loos utilising an existing waste. IME just minimise any bends and *make sure* you put in a rodding point!!

All the connectors and bits you need are a few quid from any plumbers merchants, maybe £40 tops for the lot assuming you can only buy 3m lengths of waste. If you;re in South Devon I've got loads of odd bits of waste pipe, "T"'s and pan connectors!

Tony

PS. Notice I said "plumbers merchants" not "builders", IME they are more helpful and have a wider range of "bits".

Reply to
enuff