Soil Stack and cables

I want to put an additional 13amp socket in a bedroom (additional socket onto existing circuit so the new P regs don't apply). I want to put it into the boxing around the soil stack and run the cable up into the loft. The soil stack vents to the roof. Are there any other building regs or other issues which prevent me from doing this. (I'm paranoid about the vent pipe possibly carrying methane and live cables running within the same boxing)

Anyone have any thoughts about the possibility of the soil stack leaking enough methane to be a problem?

Reply to
Dazzler

I have cables in the same boxing as a soil stack. My house has not blown up yet.

HTH,

Alex.

PS: Spark who checked out the wiring a few years back was unconerned although the boxing was not on then.

PPS: Someones going to tell us this is not 7671 etc etc

Reply to
AlexW

Ah but maybe the OP's a vegetarian and you're not...? :-)

David (who also has cables in his boxing and is to-date explosion-free) (and is a carnivore FWIW)

Reply to
Lobster

Not veggie, although not a big meat eater. Methane production probably at least or greater than average :-) .... for sure!

Reply to
AlexW