Country Kiln Stoves

You ask why the Country Kiln 6 is =A3299 and find this suspicious. I am Sue, a design engineer with Country Kiln and very political. A few years back, when the recession hit, I was hearing a lot of pain coming over the phone. Men not working, installers, sweeps, couriers. So my solution to that, being as I am responsible for keeping people in employment in the UK, because I had the capability and foresight and didn`t like the suffering I was hearing was, to drop the price to rock bottom, not for profit in my business but so all the businesses linked with mine, the couriers, sweeps, installers get a spin off, keep working in the bad season, the season where everyone has overspent. It`s a model I like poltically and economically. So yes the stove is at rock bottom, but it isn`t suspicious. It`s because there are people kept employed in the background, off the back of these "advertised deals".

Others in this forum seem to think one of our customers is writing on our behalf which isn`t the case. It is someone real and happy with their stove.

An author of a defamatory and totally illegal and outrageous email writes regarding the installation of his stove "They cut a hole" "they did this and they did that" as if we, at Country Kiln go out and install which we don`t, we have lists of installers nationwide who work self employed. We pass installers numbers on and customers are aware even from the website these guys are self employed. We give ball park quotes which the installers then meet. We don`t become involved in financial transactions between fitters and stove customers. Shops who do take =A31000 on top of the fitters wage for the introduction.

Our only involvement was to sell this man a stove and give him 3 phone numbers to local installers to see which one wanted the work.

This bloke also lays into me for my appearance. I don`t actually possess a pair of jogging bottoms, nor have I actually been working for the past 4 months for health reasons so I would suggest I should be able to pop in and out the office which is next to my home dressed casually if I so choose. However, we are based on a working farm and I am an engineer expected to get dirty at any given point in time so, for me, business suits are out.

What the writer of the email describes as a wooden shed at the back of our house is a large architect designed chalet which we use for admin as part of our multi national operation. We have one pot hole in our driveway. Well we are on a working farm. Do you know that members of the public come here and behave so badly, driving over our lawn etc we have actually had to build a dry stone wall round our lawn as a traffic guide. Now they concentrate on crashing into the patio arrangement at the front of the chalet.

We have known all our nationwide installers on our books for numerous years and can not imagine why any one of them would risk their livelihood. We find from Wick to Kent they are a bunch of hard working men.

Yes the Royals have bought stoves from us, or we would not claim they had. Princess Anne bought two, Charles has one and I think Andrew has one also.

This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I see people here struggling with various aspects of installation which are easy for me to answer as an engineer so if anyone wishes quick answers to questions which are second nature to me drop me a line on snipped-for-privacy@woodburningstoveslimited.com where I shall glady help, most certainly not be dressed to the nines and possibly be covered in soot as I type.

Reply to
CountryKiln

[...]

Oh. Right. Straight on my 'never buy, ever' list.

I don't want politics, I want to keep warm.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a question.

Are you a boy named Sue?"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

(did you need to post this three times?)

So the person "real and happy" is not a customer? What did they do, pinch their stove? ;-)

Yeah well, the ALL CAPS rant from a poster never before heard of was a bit of a clue as to the level of poster...

Its a usenet newsgroup, not a forum (although you may be seeing it hidden behind some web based front end);

struggling with various aspects of installation which are easy for me

If you post your answers here, then lots of people can get the benefit! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Newshound

Does anyone know what this rant is actally about

Have I missed a thread somewhere?

Reply to
TMC

Yep. ;-)