Repairing cross trainer?

Anyone have any experience repairing home cross trainers?

I had mine repaired under warranty last summer but never tried it after, needless to say there its not working correctly. I can hear the motor but there is only a slight resistance change.

It a Reebok Fusion Cross Trainer, any ideas?

Reply to
Syd

I did have to unwind and re-thread the pull-wire onto its winding drum on mine, it'd jumped the threads, quite simple once you get the case off, small motor winds wire onto drum, spring return IIRC, all it does is move a permanent magnet closer/further away from the spinning iron disc, presumably eddy currents provide the resistance?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, the pip on the end of the cable wasn't located correctly which meant the magnet was too far away. All fine now.

Reply to
Syd